Lost In Thought

A record of thoughts, dreams, quotes, observations...

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Home Improvement with Tinkerbell

Recently, Scott and I decided to switch credit card companies. We ended up going with a Disney Rewards card. When applying for the card, they give you a choice of 5 or 6 different designs to pick from for the front of the card. Scott picked a plain design that maybe had a silhouette of mouse ears, and I chose a different one. However, when the cards arrived, both had defaulted to the design I chose...Tinkerbell. Scott grumbled a bit, but stuck the card in his wallet and didn't think to much more about it.

Fast forward a few days...Scott stomps up the stairs to my office and slaps the card on my desk. He had just come from Home Depot where apparently he had received some funny looks for paying for his new power sander with an ethereal winged pixie on his card. So, in between my laughing fits, I called the customer service line and requested his card be changed. I admit that I was a little unnerved by the heavily accented gentleman on the other end of the line telling me that the new card would arrive in my mailbox having been carried by pixie dust.

I told Scott that as he awaits for his new card, he should just shop at Lowe's. I've always found them to be a little more progressive and open-minded. I prefer that in a business...and people.

1 Comments:

Blogger Onna said...

OMG I honestly laughed out loud on this one. Too funny that he got funny looks for having a fairy on his card! :)

TOO CUTE!

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Hit Counters