Lost In Thought

A record of thoughts, dreams, quotes, observations...

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Rose By Any Other Name...Part 2!

As a follow up to my previous post, here are a few more nicknames that I can not believe I forgot to mention...
Principessa ~ My friend Alan. Alan and I both have a love for the movie "Life Is Beautiful" and this name was inspired by a scene in the movie.
Lady Di / Princess Di ~ More people that I can count. The only time this nickname has ever gotten on my nerves was when it was used by a previous neighbor of mine. He was a single man about 20 years older than me with hair that looked like it had been shellacked to his head. He would get very drunk and sit out on his balcony and scream this to me when I would be walking from my car to my apartment. One time, he even met me in the hallway with his phone and asked me to talk to his mother. I was very glad when I moved away from him.
Goosh-Goosh ~ I'm not sure he would even remember, but my friend Jay from high school (who I'm very happy to have recently found again on Facebook!) gave me this nickname. It derives from the fact that I used to have a very long, thick braid. He would squeeze the braid and say it was "gooshy". That evolved into Goosh-Goosh. Even if he doesn't remember, I can't forget as he wrote it in my yearbook. I can honestly say from the bottom of my heart, if anyone else tried to call me that, they would probably be introduced to the back of my hand very quickly. However, he got away with it. You would just have to know Jay...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Hit Counters