Lost In Thought

A record of thoughts, dreams, quotes, observations...

Friday, October 10, 2008

Men With Fangs

Almost everywhere you look lately, someone is reading the book series "Twilight". If you are not aware of this phenomenon, let me explain...The Twilight series is a set of four books about a young, clumsy girl named Bella who falls in love with a vampire who sparkles. Yes, that's right - sparkles! Girls (and grown women!) across the nation have fallen in love with the sparkly Edward Cullen and are actually a little depressed that their boyfriends and husbands don't glow in the sun.
Now, I confess, I read the books and enjoyed them for what they were. Although, I'm solidly on Team Jacob - the werewolf who pines after Bella's heart and completes the love triangle that every good teen romance should have. I even have Jacob "flair" on my FaceBook page. However, I prefer my vampires a little darker, a little sexier, a little more dangerous. That got me to thinking... I actually "have" a vampire preference?? Yes, indeedy I do! Call it the bad boy mystique that good girls tend to gravitate towards but I would pick Spike over Angel any day!
Alas, dawn broke on the Twilight saga. No more Bella and Edward (at least until November when the movie releases). What will I do? Where I will find another dark, brooding man of the undead variety just waiting to emerge from the shadows?
He can be found in Bon Temps, LA! My current obsession is the HBO series "True Blood". Decidedly more adult in nature than "Twilight" (and I DO mean "adult". No child under 18 - possibly 25 - should in the room when the show is on) it definitely has its bad boys.
Will Sookie find herself in a love triangle between Bill and Eric? Someone completely different? Having read the books, I know the answer to that question. I won't spoil it for those who are just now finding this story, but I can tell you that Mr. Bill Compton is a bad, bad boy. Whether or not that is a good thing - I leave you to decide.

1 Comments:

Blogger Onna said...

I've just not gotten into the Twilight books or True blood. I'm really off the bandwagon, aren't I?

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Hit Counters